(Rowan County, KY — September 3, 2015) – Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis (D-KY) has been found in contempt of court, and now faces jail time, for defying Supreme Court precedent and not issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
Over the past few days, most of the public has come to find her contemptible.
The job of issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples became the law of the land when the Supreme Court ruled in its favor on June 26.
The 49-year-old Davis served as Rowan’s Deputy County Clerk for 26 years – under her mother, who served as Rowan County Clerk for 40 years.
“If you believe your Laws of God supersede your Laws of Country (Federal, State, and Local), you should not be in a job where you have to put your Laws of Country (Federal, State, and Local) ahead of your Laws of God,” said an observer, speaking on condition of anonymity. “It’s nice to have job security because of nepotism, but you have to do your job. And she’s not doing her job.”
Claiming to be an Apostolic Christian, Davis has cited her beliefs and “the authority of God” for disobeying the Supreme Court and not doing her $80,000-per-year job:
- “I love my job and the people of Rowan County. I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience.”
“She’s not an Apostolic Christian,” said a Davis detractor, speaking on condition of anonymity. “She’s an Apoplectic Christian!”
Davis opponents are happy about today’s ruling.
“She was trying to implement her own Christian Sharia Law in Kentucky,” said an opponent of Davis’, speaking on condition of anonymity. “The courts have stopped that dead in its tracks.”
“Maybe she’ll have some time to think about what she’s done,” said another Davis opponent, speaking on condition of anonymity. “And, maybe by looking in a mirror, she’ll realize she’s been wrong.”
Many have cited Davis’ hypocrisy in quoting Scripture when she herself is a big-time violator; she has been married four times, divorcing in 1994, 2006, and 2008:
- Kim Davis married Husband I (Dwain Wallace) in 1985 at age 18. They divorced in 1994.
- Five months after divorcing Husband I (Dwain Wallace), she gave birth to twins, fathered by Husband III (Thomas McIntyre), but adopted by Husband II (Joe “Old Redneck Hillbilly” Davis). The couple married in 1996 and divorced in 2006.
- Davis subsequently married Husband III (Thomas McIntyre), but they divorced in 2008.
- She then remarried Husband II (Joe “Old Redneck Hillbilly” Davis) – now Husband IV – in 2009.
These transgressions don’t exactly go down well where the Bible is concerned:
|Book||Chapter and Verse||Text|
|Genesis||2:24||“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.”|
|Mark||10:12||“And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.”|
|Matthew||5:32||“But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.”|
|Romans||7:2||“For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.”|
For his part, Joe “Old Redneck Hillbilly” Davis has stood by his wife, filling the simultaneous roles of Husband II and Husband IV, threatening to use his Second Amendment rights to kill anyone who comes near the couple’s property – especially Davis’ Husband V who is undoubtedly waiting in the wings for this current marriage to crap out.